This project intends to increase the effectiveness, appreciation, participation and role of women and girls in peace, security and development processes at the National and County government levels as key to preventing and reducing vulnerability to and impact of conflict on women’s and girls’ wellbeing and development.
October 2013 - October 2015
- A national survey on women representation and participation in peace building and security processes and structures at the National and County governments conducted.
- The skills of women and the media on how to increase awareness on and advocate for implementation of UNSCR 1325 and demand for meaningful involvement of women in peace building and conflict prevention strengthened.
- The role, contribution, and centrality of women and girls in peace building and conflict management in 15 conflict prone counties documented, accepted, and made visible.
Regions of Implementation
Nairobi, Busia, Migori, Narok, Mombasa, Garissa, Turkana, Pokot, Nakuru, Eldoret, Samburu, Kisumu, Bungoma, Tana River, Trans Nzoia
Project Activities/ Outputs
- Simplified booklet on UNSCR 1325 and 1820
- Training women in each of the 15 conflict prone counties on conflict mitigation and peace building
- A media guide on reporting women peace building and security process
- Talk shows on national and community radio stations