The African Woman and Child Features (AWC) in partnership with the Open Society Initiative for East Africa take Media Encounter to Kisumu.
The activity is one of a series of media encounters held in various parts of the country.
The objectives of the activity were therefore to;
- Create awareness with regard to the progress of the current reform processes.
- Engender the reform processes
- Give women an opportunity to map out their space within these processes
- Give the media and women a forum to engage with regard to reform agenda
- Share experiences especially in regard to how the post election violence impacts on the community’s drive to participate in the reform process