Agnes Ndinda Malundu
Constituency: Kitui South Constituency
I have a passion for the people in my constituency. Kitui South is one of the poorest constituencies in Kenya. There is no water and few viable options for livelihood and sustenance. Charcoal burning which is illegal and precarious yet it is the main source of income for many families. The community has depended on relief food for the last nine years.
I intend to improve standards of living by adapting to appropriate technologies encouraging irrigation using Athi River waters and also sinking boreholes.
Agnes Awinja Okong’o (Mrs.)
- To educate women and the youth on their rights.
- Also help women and the youth to be more involved in income generating projects.
Alice Muthoni Wahome
Constituency: Kandara Constituency
- Inclusion and participation of women in all spheres of leadership
- Power to influence reforms in favour of women
Alice Syombua Soo
Constituency: Kibwezi Constituency
A new perspective on leadership that is sensitive to the lives and concerns of constituents in Kibwezi. Bringing a leadership culture that is transparent and inclusive and open to the participation of women, men, young women and young men.
Alicen Chelaite, M.P.
Constituency: Rongai Constituency
The current Assistant Minister, Gender, Culture and Social Services. A former Nakuru Mayor, she has served as a councilor for 20 years and as a businesswoman for 15 years. She seeks to improve the provision and access to social services and amenities in Rongai Constituency.
Anastasia Wambui Mathenge
Constituency: Embakasi Constituency
- This is an opportunity to participate in and offer her expertise in the development of Kenya
-To offer true leadership that will ensure the participation of all stakeholders within the constituency
- To work towards poverty alleviation; currently Embakasi is ranked third in Kenya’s poverty index
- To build infrastructure and ensure proper planning
- To ensure the Dandora Dumpsite is moved away from the residential area as it a major health hazard
- To represent women’s issues in parliament and to contribute to the facilitation of gender parity in every sphere of leadership
- Anne Mkongombe Mwalimo
- A passion to bring development in my constituency.
- To construct better roads, bring electricity, and build more schools and health facilities.
A strong believer in transforming the current leadership culture from one compromised of narrow self interest to one that is based on values, issues driven with integrity, accountability and social justice as the core pillars.
Angela Kamene Kimwele
Constituency: Embakasi Constituency
- Participating in formulating policies that will see a more even distribution of resources and opportunities in Kenya resulting in improved livelihoods and lifestyles for all Kenyans
- Power; acquiring power to influence reform in favour of women
Asenath Kaimuru Nyamu
Constituency: South Imenti
Betty Buseiga Shikanga
- My passion is to bring total developmental changes in my constituency and I also hope that I will be my people’s potential.
To run for MP is to bring about development in Sotik.
Constituency: Makadara Constituency
- To make a difference in the life of the masses and improve their livelihoods
- Promote transformational leadership
Beatrice Askul Moe
Constituency: Turkana South Constituency
-To see more women participating in the development processes
- Work towards acknowledgement and acceptance of women’s leadership capacities among pastoralist communities
- Demonstrating leadership in addressing issues of insecurity in Turkana South
- Addressing the challenges of availing clean safe water and health facilities for communities and good practices in livestock management
- Always conscious that central to development processes is a critical mass of a well informed, healthy and articulate population
- Prioritisation and decision-making should emanate from the people
Caroline Wambui Ngang’a
Constituency: Lari Constituency
- To work together with the people of Lari to eradicate the high rates of illiteracy, poverty and unemployment especially among the youth
- Improve infrastructure - especially roads and to bring awareness through civic and voter education so to remove women from the cocoon
- To educate and inform the people of Tetu and Nyeri District as a whole
- Work towards alleviating poverty in the constituency
A passion for Community Mobilisation
Christine Nyagitha Miller
- Improve the welfare of my constituents
- Ensure all the children are in school
- Ensure that all children are immunized
- Improvement of public health services in Githunguri
Consolata Yambo Migowa
- To address infrastructure and staffing for schools in the constituency
- To address the declining standards of education
- To create a healthy constituency by addressing issues of access and service delivery in the public health
- To transform Gwassi from perennial food insecurity to a bread-basket of fish, millet and maize
- To address market access and road infrastructure. Gwassi is still marginalized from the regional and national economy
- To address poverty issues. Gwassi has amongst the highest poverty levels in Kenya. I am inspired by the people of Gwassi in seeking homegrown solutions to improve livelihoods and the quality of life.
- To bring change in the economic and social links of the people of Makadara
- Addressing insecurity and unemployment, especially among young people
Edna Cherono Bore
To run is mainly to promote women’s activities.
Florence Ayabei Murgor
Constituency: Eldoret East
To run is for better delivery of services through education.
To improve the standards of living of the people of Lugari. Florence Machayo is a believer in hard work and self-reliance. She is also the former chairperson of ECWD.
Faith Muli (Dr)
To work towards economic and social transformation in Mwala and foster unity for development and progress.
To run is mainly to help women in the district to achieve more experience politically.
Hellen Sambili (Proffessor)
To contribute to the welfare of the people of Mogotio.
I would like to make a difference in the lives of my constituents.
To pursue an agenda for affirmative action
Improving access to opportunities and livelihoods for constituents and a special focus on tackling poverty issues.
Jane Akeyo Okendo
Constituency: Rongo Constituency
I have been deeply involved in community development building nursery schools, contributing towards building churches and other development projects. Currently there is no woman Parliamentarian from Nyanza Province. I have a passion for the work I do in my constituency.
I intend to tackle the issues that are close to the hearts of farmers, women and youth. I shall also work with Rongo constituents to address poverty, bad roads, school drop-out rates, insecurity and HIV/AIDS.
Addressing women’s challenges
Jacqueline is a good facilitator in the movement of resources to women
Constituency: Isiolo South
To help lead my community in a better and more transparent way.
To develop gender both politically and economically.
A strong sense of purpose and public service spirit to fellow human beings. I am well qualified and experienced in public issues and will be a good steward for the constituency development funds.
Joyce Mwangoji is a human rights activist and the chairperson of Mandeleo ya Wanawake Organisation, Taita Taveta district. She is a board member of the Coaliation on Violence Against Women (COVAW).
Her concerns for Mwatate constituency are food, security, infrastructure, unemployment and health care.
Joyce Nyambura Wamahiu
To advocate for greater women’s representation in politics and governance.
Juliet Dima Ojego
Constituency: Kisumu West
I want to improve academic performance by way of creating incentives for Teachers/students through strategic partnerships with parents and school heads.
I also intend to:
- Mobilize funds to improve the Jua Kali sector.
- Support persons living with HIV/AIDS and care providers through resource mobilization.